- Key timing points
- 1.00 1. Managing bank account risk
- 7.22 2. eBAM - the realities
- 11.44 3. Managing the banking wallet
CTMfile take: Key lessons and tips in this WEBchat.
eBAM has been the graveyard of hopes and dreams of many suppliers and consultants, due to it being misunderstood and over-sold, but it’s role and application are now clear. Listen to our discussion with Dan Gill who has been in the bank relationship business for 20 years and learn:
- why you need to manage bank accounts from a risk perspective:
- what controls are needed and the dangers of de-centralised corporate treasury
- the type of systems to use and who should manage them
- why sychnronisation of bank account details is critical.
- eBAM - the realities:
- eBAM’s core idea and why it should be called SWIFT eBAM
- how use eBAM in managing bank relationships
- need to insist that your banks used SWIFT 20022 messages in bank account reporting and management
- why an eBAM showdown is coming between large corporates and the banks.
- managing your banking wallet:
- why it is critical to know what you are spending on banks world-wide
- how to balance cost efficiency with bank relationship management
- how to use share of wallet assessment to manage your banks.
Like this item? Get our Weekly Update newsletter. Subscribe today