eBAM has been the graveyard of hopes and dreams of many suppliers and consultants, due to it being misunderstood and over-sold, but it’s role and application are now clear. Listen to our discussion with Dan Gill who has been in the bank relationship business for 20 years and learn:
- why you need to manage bank accounts from a risk perspective:
- what controls are needed and the dangers of de-centralised corporate treasury
- the type of systems to use and who should manage them
- why sychnronisation of bank account details is critical.
- eBAM - the realities:
- eBAM’s core idea and why it should be called SWIFT eBAM
- how use eBAM in managing bank relationships
- need to insist that your banks used SWIFT 20022 messages in bank account reporting and management
- why an eBAM showdown is coming between large corporates and the banks.
- managing your banking wallet:
- why it is critical to know what you are spending on banks world-wide
- how to balance cost efficiency with bank relationship management
- how to use share of wallet assessment to manage your banks.
- Key timing points
- 1.00 1. Managing bank account risk
- 7.22 2. eBAM - the realities
- 11.44 3. Managing the banking wallet
CTMfile take: Key lessons and tips in this WEBchat.
eBAM is not dead. It is progressing slowly and in right direction
AFP conference reveals the stresses and strains as eBAM develops and usage grows
eBAM pilots are progressing well and producing savings, but still a long way to go to achieve full p
This autumn to coincide with the conference season, there were a number of presentations and Press Releases by the banks and corporates progress of eBAM - electronic Bank Account Management.
Citi eBAM now covers 55 countries
Up from 33 in September 2012 showing how hard it is to role out eBAM globally