An updated list of central counterparties (CCPs) has been published by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). The CCPs – 16 in total – are authorised under the European Markets Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR) and its Public Register for the Clearing Obligation.
The update concerns BME Clearing, which was authorised on 21 July 2015 to extend its activities and services to clear OTC interest rate derivatives and some cash equities (OTC and Regulated Market).
The full list of CCPs is as follows:
- Nasdaq OMX Clearing AB
- European Central Counterparty N.V.
- Eurex Clearing AG
- Cassa di Compensazione e Garanzia S.p.A. (CCG)
- LCH.Clearnet SA
- European Commodity Clearing
- LCH.Clearnet Ltd
- Keler CCP
- CME Clearing Europe Ltd
- CCP Austria Abwicklungsstelle für Börsengeschäfte GmbH (CCP.A)
- LME Clear Ltd
- BME Clearing
- OMIClear - C.C., S.A.
- Holland Clearing House B.V.
- Athens Exchange Clearing House (Athex Clear)