“Every day, around half the world’s population and 80 percent of U.S. citizens transact online, fueling the $3.4 trillion digital economy and forcing businesses to undergo a digital transformation. But transactions that were once local and done in person have become digital, mobile and increasingly global, providing businesses with a daunting challenge.” ThreatMetrix’s The Definitive Guide to Digital Identity begins, and follows this with: “Each new digital transaction represents a trust decision that companies must execute in real time. However, these decisions are dependent on understanding the true identity of the person at the other end of the transaction.”
Understanding the true identity of the person at the other end of the transaction is the driving force behind ThreatMetrix’s superb interactive report on how solve this problem today and in the future.
The Definitive Guide to Digital Identity has nine chapters which use an interactive approach to present some of the most complex problems and issues in e-commerce today:
- Digital transformation in the post –breach era: how can businesses go digital with confidence?
- The digital customer journey: What is a disjointed digital experience costing your business—and how do you fix it?
- What is digital identity: How do you establish identity and make accurate trust decisions in the blink of an eye?
- Digital DNA: What are the building blocks of digital identity, and why does it matter to business?
- Digital identity and intelligence: How does digital identity get smarter over time—and how does it spot fraud?
- The network effect: What is a digital identity network, and why can’t businesses go it alone?
- Real-time threat detection: If the legitimacy of both user and device are verified, how can a transaction still be at risk?
- The digital identity maturity model: Is your organization ready for digital identity, and what lies ahead on your path through digital transformation?
- Getting started: Digital identity is what we need to face the threat landscape, but how do we get started?
Each chapter finishes with a quiz to test your knowledge and put over key points. Until you’ve answered Q1 correctly, the report won’t allow reader to move to Q2, etc. And readers can even subscribe to Updates.
9 - Getting started
After all the theory ThreatMetrix then describe the five steps to to profitable growth via digital channels without compromise:
- Step 1: Assess Your Current Readiness
- Step 2: Define and Align Around Your Objective(s)
- Step 3: Identify the Right Implementation Approach
- Step 4: Assess and Select a Partner
- Step 5: Plan for Long-Term Continuous Refinement.
The quiz at the end of chapter 9 shows the level of detail that the report considers:
Source & Copyright©2017 - ThreatMetrix
CTMfile take: Understanding the true identity of the person at the other end of the transaction is one of the major issues in business today. All corporates and corporate treasury departments could usefully download this superb report and follow ThreatMetrix’s advice. Invaluable.
Digital Identity services & ecosystem will be the key differentiator between banks
BofA Merrill’s Leavenworth explains his thinking on what banks do and why digital identity services are so critical in today’s digital age
Dutch lead way in Digital Identity with new bank initiative and government target
Banks announce pilots for early 2016 and government sets 2017 target for all transactions with citizens and businesses to be conducted electronically
Who is going to be in charge of digital identity? The banks?
What can banks offer in the debate over digital identity as the race for dominance continues