The global move to e-invoicing continues with France and Saudi Arabia mandating usage:
- Saudi Arabia is apparently going to mandate the use of e-invoicing in the private sector starting in 2017. The mandate will be gradually enforced by the Department of Zakat and Income Taxes (DZIT) and comes ahead of the introduction of new taxes across the kingdom over the next two years. They plan to impose a 5 percent value-added tax as a part of a unified Gulf Cooperation Council agreement, which will take effect starting with 2018.
- France is mandating e-invoicing adoption:
- from 1/1/2017 for large enterprises
- from 1/1/2018 for intermediate-sized enterprises
- from 1/1/2019 for small and medium-sized enterprises (PMI)
- from 1/1/2020 for micro-enterprises.
Like this item? Get our Weekly Update newsletter. Subscribe today