- What is the purpose of a strategic corporate treasury department? e.g. being the guardian and anchor of the financial health of the corporation? See: https://ctmfile.com/story/what-is-the-aim-the-purpose-of-a-strategic-corporate-treasury-departmentto
- Most corporate treasury departments provide a range of support services for other units and departments in the group/company, so: How are you going to create and keep customers for your services?*
- Do you see the world through the eyes of your suppliers? Do you understand the impact of the Open account system on your suppliers? See: https://ctmfile.com/story/supply-chain-trade-finance-the-next-big-thing
- How will your department protect your group from the global economic turbulence and possible crashes in emerging markets in 2021?
- How are you going to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of your corporate treasury department?
- What are you happy within your systems, processes, and services, i.e. not going to change?
- What new services are needed to improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the group?
- What actions are you going to undertake to minimise fraud and cyber breaches in your department and in the group as a whole? See: https://ctmfile.com/story/play-it-safe-dont-trust-anyone-dont-trust-any-system-check-and-cyberinsure#.VoUpxzatA5H
- Who are you going to partner with to minimise the Know Your Customer and digital identity administration overhead? See: https://ctmfile.com/story/on-the-second-day-of-christmas-my-consultant-urged-me-to
- How will you minimise supplier risk from banks/FIs and other suppliers, e.g. TMS suppliers, SWIFT bureaux, etc.? See: https://ctmfile.com/story/assessing-the-post-covid-19-banking-industryhttps://ctmfile.com/story/assessing-the-post-covid-19-banking-industry
- How are you going to 1) avoid slipping back into bad working capital management habits and instead, and 2) continue to improve WCM practices? See: https://ctmfile.com/story/in-working-capital-management-the-disciplines-remain-the-same-while-focus-t
- What is the single most important task that must be completed in 2021 and why***?
* Source of the original idea: Peter Drucker
** Source of the original idea: Jonathan Traer-Clark, BofA Merrill
*** A clear answer will tell you a lot about your department.
Like this item? Get our Weekly Update newsletter. Subscribe today