Alex Fleischmann, Head of Market Development - International at TIPCO explains how cash flow forecasting is made easy using their TIP platform.
This WEBchat covers:
1. Why too often cash flow forecasting is ineffective:
- Due to as much as 80% of their time spent assembling the data and forecasts
- Little use is made of smart logic to assemble and tweak forecasts
- Only 20% of time spent on analysing and reporting the implications of the forecast
2. The TIP approach shift focus from the ‘basics’ to the fun parts:
- What is needed is separate approach for each organisation, not a ‘one-size’ fits all approach
- TIPCO’s multi-faceted approach:
- Automates the basics
- Collects the data from all the different sources
- Uses smart logic to carryout plausibility checks; employ data from other forecasts, carryout predictive analysis
- Delivers flexible reports and analyses for all types of manager.
4. Closing remarks
- Key timing points
- 0:23 1 - Too often cash flow forecasting is ineffective
- 4:49 2 - The TIP-approach: Shift the focus from the ‘basics’ to the fun parts
- 9:42 DEMO
- 19:42 Closing remarks
This is a great example of how the modern cash flow forecasting solutions really do solve the data collection and coordination part of cash flow forecasting and enable corporate treasury departments to focus on the ‘fun part’.
Citi enhances cash flow forecasting in TreasuryVision ® Global Liquidity Portal simplifying forecast
The Cash Flow Forecasting new module provides users with greater flexibility to define how and when they generate forecasts. It also features enhanced analytics, including optional predictive forecasting that uses s
Three ways to boost cash flow forecasting
Getting accurate cash flow forecasts is notoriously difficult, so what are some of the key analytical techniques that corporate treasurers should bear in mind to have more confidence in their forecasts?
How to improve your cash flow forecasting and working capital management
Top tips from Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Dennis Sweeney and Matthew Davies