Two experienced corporate treasury consultants/interim treasurers - Colin Evans, Founder, EliteTreasury and Andrew Marshall, Director, SLG Treasury - review how to manage the good, the bad and the ugly in corporate treasury outsourcing. They give their take on how achieve the best combination of insourcing and outsourcing, covering:
- how to identify what it is vital to keep in-house
- only outsourcing non-core processses that been perfected
- ensure that detailed, practical SLAs (Service Level Agreement) are set up and agreed
- the need to develop an exist strategy in any agreement with an outsourcing provider
- how it is essential to review outsourcing arrangements to ensure they are still worth continuing
- horror stories if outsourcing programme is cost driven and not reviewed as to its full impact, e.g. cost can be 10 times the so-called £2 million headcount savings.
- Key timing points
- 20.33 The dangers of cost saving based outsourcing
CTMfile take: This is essential viewing if you really want to understand how to manage the good, the bad and the ugly in corporate treasury outsourcing.
Like this item? Get our Weekly Update newsletter. Subscribe today