Two experienced corporate treasury consultants/interim treasurers - Colin Evans, Founder, EliteTreasury and Andrew Marshall, Director, SLG Treasury - review how to manage the good, the bad and the ugly in corporate treasury outsourcing. They give their take on how achieve the best combination of insourcing and outsourcing, covering:
- how to identify what it is vital to keep in-house
- only outsourcing non-core processses that been perfected
- ensure that detailed, practical SLAs (Service Level Agreement) are set up and agreed
- the need to develop an exist strategy in any agreement with an outsourcing provider
- how it is essential to review outsourcing arrangements to ensure they are still worth continuing
- horror stories if outsourcing programme is cost driven and not reviewed as to its full impact, e.g. cost can be 10 times the so-called £2 million headcount savings.
- Key timing points
- 20.33 The dangers of cost saving based outsourcing
CTMfile take: This is essential viewing if you really want to understand how to manage the good, the bad and the ugly in corporate treasury outsourcing.