Kyriba, the cloud based TMS provider, conducted a poll of 411 finance professionals, during a webinar hosted on 10 April 2014. The respondents’ responses to two questions were:
Has your organisation ever been the target of an attempted financial fraud?
- Yes, and we suffered financial losses - 29.9 percent
- Yes, but we caught it before any damage was done - 42.9 percent
- Yes, but we don’t know if we suffered any losses - 5.6 percent
- No, we have never been targeted - 7.8 percent
- I don’t know - 13.9 percent
When did you last review / update your fraud prevention processes?
- Never, as far as I know - 18.1 percent
- More than five years ago - 3.4 percent
- Between one and five years ago - 14.3 percent
- Less than a year ago - 21.8 percent
- We’re constantly reviewing them - 42.4 percent
Kyriba has developed a white paper in conjunction with the webinar, entitled ‘Leveraging Treasury Technology in the War Against Fraud’.
Proactive steps to minimise fraud covered in the report include:
The best ways to prevent financial systems from unauthorized access include:
- Strong password controls
- Two factor authentication – using hardware token, SMS, or Yubikey
- Use of a numeric keypad, where numbers within a password must be selected by mouse instead of typed
Bank account control procedures, etc.
Six page report can be downloaded here.
Like this item? Get our Weekly Update newsletter. Subscribe today
- This item appears in the following sections:
- Minimizing Fraud Procedures