The seventh year of US treasury consulting firm Strategic Treasurer’s annual cash flow forecasting forecasting survey of 150 companies, reported in gtnews, showed that:
- Cash forecasting – banking environment adds complexity
- Cash positioning updates sought daily
- Forecasting – frequent and long
- Forecasting accuracy is a mixed bag
- Forecasting analysis is infrequently automated.
Read more in the full article, here.
Cash flow forecasting systems and processes - the search for the holy grail
Traditional forecasting v. dynamic forecasting v. the ultimate forecasting modelling
Cash flow forecasting can seem to be a bit of a waste of time, or essential
Nature of company and nature of the business determine how useful cash flow forecasting can be
Cash flow forecasting best practices - new important suggestions
Communicate, ensure right people, use scenarios & simulations, give forecaster of month awards