Cash and treasury management Apps are available and proving to be very useful. Thomson Reuters’s announcement that RiskGrid’s App providing Lipper Fund Risk Analytics and Risk Rankings is now available in their App Studio via Thomson Reuters Eikon is just the latest example. There are many more available today.
Thomson Reuters Eikon App Studio
The Thomson Reuters Eikon App Studio enables users to take Eikon’s advanced tools and services to create, develop and distribute custom applications. As Thomson Reuters put it, “App Studio - Endless Possibilities”, see figure below:
Source & Copyright©2016 - Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters Eikon now allows customers and vendors to embed their applications, content and work flows, creating an integrated end to end solution. Eikon users benefit by getting access to specialized apps built by diverse providers which are tightly integrated with native Eikon capabilities. App providers now have the ability to easily reach the Eikon user community along with the tools to manage visibility and entitlements to their apps.
The aim is to, “Get best-of-breed applications not just from Thomson Reuters, but from third party developers across the world.”
The new App from RiskGrid Technologies, a new cloud-based risk management solution provider powered by industry-leading risk analytics from Algorithmics, ‘RiskGrid Lipper’ is a fully integrated app available in App Studio on Thomson Reuters Eikon using fund data from Lipper.
TreasuryXpress, a provider of cloud based TMS solutions, has launched the TreasuryXpress Lab, corporate treasury’s first online app store in which corporate treasury departments download corporate treasury ’Apps’ and then just start implementing the App on their own, see.
Two standalone applications are also available in the store:
- C2Treasury a full TMS solution providing:
- SME to Enterprise - Full TMS with Self-Service Custom Reporting
- 100% Bank Connectivity and Payments Workflow
- implementation only takes 2 – 8 weeks maximum
- C2Treasury Lite providing SME to Enterprise - Lite TMS - Self-Service Custom Reporting IS included. (Bank Connectivity and Payments Workflow not included).
Deutsche Bank Autobahn App Market
Deutsche Bank were the first major cash management bank to offer an App Market and by October 2012 they had 150 Apps on their store, and now have many more. The integration of the liquidity manager app into Deutsche Bank’s Autobahn App Market shows how useful and effective the use of an App Store can be, see figure below:
Source & Copyright©2014 - Deutsche Bank
Not only do the App Stores make it easier for clients to put together solutions that are appropriate to their needs, they also seem to make it cheaper:
- TreasuryXpress clients using products in their store benefit from low monthly subscriptions, self-service set-up, and on-demand access. Forecast+™, the Lab’s inaugural product, is available at less than $50/month with unlimited users.
- Deutsche Bank make no charge of the MyStandards App on the Autobahn App Market
- over the last five years other downloadable app providers have had to reduce their prices.
CTMfile take: The downloadable ‘Apps’ revolution is transforming cash and treasury management. We are not there yet, but we can now see corporate treasury departments downloading their whole department’s solution made up of ‘Apps’ from different suppliers. The aim is to: “Get best-of-breed applications not just from Thomson Reuters, but from third party developers across the world.,” Is exactly what is happening.
Like this item? Get our Weekly Update newsletter. Subscribe today