I wish I’d been at the Deloittes’ breakfast meeting at the EuroFinance conference earlier this month, sadly due to Monarch airline’s demise I wasn’t, but they sent CTMfile the deck which contained some important explanations and ideas on block chain:
- BLOCKCHAIN – WHAT IS IT? A decentralized, distributed ledger that provides a way for information to be recorded, shared and maintained by a community. Plus a description of a practical example
- BLOCKCHAIN GROWING FASTER THAN ANTICIPATED
- How block chain could be used to solve (yes really) the KYC problem
- THE TRANSFORMATIVE POTENTIAL OF BLOCKCHAIN
- BLOCKCHAIN AND THE POTENTIAL FOR CORPORATE TREASURY
- Each of these potential uses are explained in following slides.
- THE CORPORATE COIN
- A mind blowing, very provocative application of block chain technology.
CTMfile take: Well worth a request for a copy of the presentation from Deloittes......
Seven ways the financial industry can benefit from blockchain technology
Euroclear and Oliver Wyman have jointly published a white paper on the potential of blockchain technology and how it could be used and adopted.
Financial services face 6 obstacles to blockchain adoption
Before blockchain can change the world of financial services – from remittance, trade finance, securities trading and insurance – it will have to overcome six key challenges
22 additional global banks join Nostro a/cs SWIFT gpi blockchain proof of concept
20 global transaction banks have begun actively using or implementing the SWIFT gpi service, with another 50 in the implementation pipeline