Pedro Andrade, Investment Manager at Dell and Chris Growney, founder of Clearwater Analytics, made some clear and important points the cash investment process in their presentation at the Annual AFP Conference in Boston. These points included:
- use a systematic to risk management and accounting infrastructure so that key data is 'at your figure tips'
- ensure you have an integrated view of:
- accounting, including all major reports, assumptions, reconciled daily
- risk, ensuring that major risk is monitored, understood and reported on
- compliance, including:monitoring the status on your portfolio compared with investment policy
- performance, focusing on: comparing investment performance using consistent assumptions in accordance with GIPS standards; security -level performance; contribution and attribution and after-tax performance.
They then recommend that companies construct a strategy based upon this understanding and the company's internal liquidity, which lays out a tactical investment framework that takes account of the current market conditions.
Like this item? Get our Weekly Update newsletter. Subscribe today