Has Bitcoin, the universal Crypto currency, finally gone main stream?
An infographic on ‘Bitcoin: The stats’ developed by coupofly lists the:
- top 10 biggest accepting merchants
- top five countries: USA, UK, Canada, Germany and Netherlands
- Bitcoin value processed to date: $158 million costing $0 (by credit cards the cost would have been some $7m) with average order value dropping to $281
- Bitcoin transactions by categories
- top 10 items most often bought with Bitcoin: #1 - sheets #3 - headphones
- top emerging countries: Brazil, India, Indonesia
- off-line acceptance of Bitcoin: #1 - food
- top venture capital investment deals
- how Bitcoin activity stacks up against other networks.
For further details, see.
CTMfile take: Bitcoin has a long way to go to match today’s payment systems, but the genie is out of the bottle. Something is happening, we are just not sure what.
Like this item? Get our Weekly Update newsletter. Subscribe today