Mothership - a group of technologist and cryptocurrency experts - has announced the launch of a Cloud hosting platform and wallet for blockchain financial services for the Estonian e-Residency programme. This builds on Estonia’s e-residency programme, see more infor here, which enables people and companies to apply to join the digital nation and register a global EU company that can be managed online from anywhere in the world.
New platform for blockchain start-ups and exchange
Arseniy Zarechnev, co-founder and CEO of Mothership, says, “I want to join the forces with e-Residence and change the rules for the blockchain space. Estonia is a great place to start new companies, with 100 per cent remote government services, progressive laws and unique tax system. Mothership will provide a clear legal framework and a token market for new blockchain startups, a gateway between banks and cryptocurrencies and a secure and robust exchange at its core.
"Mothership will act as a new wallet that is connected to each user’s e-resident digital identity, the solution aiming at protecting funds with digital signatures.”
Mothership’s website reports that the key elements in the new platform will be:
- Secure Cryptocurrency Exchange
- A state-of-the-art digital asset exchange with focus on security, great customer service and reliability. Mothership will run on world's best infrastructure and provide 24/7 uninterrupted access to markets. When integrated with eResidency, verification for individuals and companies becomes an easy process, allowing you to switch from ETH to EUR in moments.
- A new wallet, connected to your eResident digital identity
- Your Mothership wallet combines the best of software and hardware wallets. It can be connected to your eResident digital identity and protect your funds with digital signatures. It will do all the difficult stuff for you, streamlining your decisions to simply spend or save.
- Token Market for the EU
- Mothership is democratising funding for new blockchain projects, acting as a gateway to cryptocurrency markets for Estonian blockchain companies and a go-to place for launching new ones. Mothership team will help prospective startups build a legal framework for digital assets and execute successful funding campaigns.
- Cloud Hosting Platform
- Mothership will provide a PaaS solution for hosting applications in the same datacenter with our exchange. Users will be able to build high frequency trading bots, payment gateways or any other apps using any programming language. Direct connection to the exchange will guarantee minimal latency, while automatic scaling and managed runtime will allow developers to focus on what really matters - building apps.
Mothership needs investment so they have launched a ‘Crowdsale’ to attract investment investment in their ‘Mothership token’ - see - and are well on the way to attaining their target:
Source & Copyright©2017 - Mothership
The token price is: 1ETH = 5800 MSP.
CTMfile take: Could Estonia become the global capital of location and currency independent commerce? Maybe not, but it is really opening up new ways of doing business.
How blockchain will be used in financial services
Research by Finextra and Epam looks at some of the current projects using blockchain to improve cross-border transfers, trade transactions as well as data and customer identity management.
10 security challenges for blockchain in financial services
As financial services set about reforming their business with blockchain, a report from an EU security agency has highlighted a number of security concerns around the technology
Explained: the future of blockchain and possible impact on financial services
Blockchain, essentially a giant network, which records ownership and value, is being hailed as the second coming of the internet. Raconteur break down its future in 8 charts