We live in turbulent times not just because of Trump, Kim Jong-un, Putin and Xi Jinping, but due to many other trends, technologies and practices. Many of which will have an impact on cash and treasury management. Recent examples include:
- Deloitte purchases Blab’s predictive social intelligence platform to arm their clients with early warning of reputational events. “Few assets are more valuable than an organization’s reputation,” said Chuck Saia, CEO of Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory, Deloitte & Touche LLP. “Getting ahead of a crisis or a reputational threat is the best remedy to mitigating brand risk. Our acquisition of Blab’s predictive social intelligence platform will allow us to help our clients to assess emerging online conversations that could impact their reputation and inform their response strategy.”
- Data protection has always been important. Now it’s becoming urgent. Maybe now is the time to read McKinsey’s primer on how companies can adapt to the new GDPR rules
- Why PSD2 will make it possible for customers to build their own banks: understanding of the impacts of PSD2 is growing
- PwC’s magnificent ‘Know Your Customer’ quick (?) reference guide has 671 pages which shows how difficult it is going to be to develop global standards
- South Africa is feeling the pain from KYC - Thomson Reuters
- Predictive analytics offers a better way of forecasting future probabilities and trends as we search for improvements in how we forecast
- Big data might have an important role in liquidity management: see
- Procurement and finance are talking at long last
- Worldwide retail e-commerce sales reached $1.9 trillion in 2016
- Cyber liability insurance writing: there are now some 130 companies in the US providing
- Customer authentication is now risk based rather than always using same processes for each client with ThreatMatrix leading the way
- Global sea levels rose by about 8 inches in the last century – but the rate in the past two decades is nearly double that of the last century. (source: Nasa)
PSD2: Key facts for European treasurers
PwC Italy has published an interactive webpage explaining the Payment Services Directive (PSD2) 'in a nutshell'.
Whose KYC data standards? Yours? Mine? Theirs?
Whose are Know Your Customer standards are you going to use: The banks? Thomson Reuters’s? KYC.com’s
Do finance and big data analytics go hand-in-hand?
The Association of Financial Professionals (AFP) has published a guide to big data, explaining how financial professionals can harness big data in core financial processes.