Christof Hofmann, global head of payments & collection products, Deutsche Bank explains what is happening and how corporates can fully exploit SWIFT gpi.
SWIFT gpi is probably the most important development in payment systems today. In this WEBchat Christof discusses:
- SWIFT gpi momentum:
- Figures and volumes
- Are cross-border payments now faster?
- SWIFT gpi multi-bank service
- Enabling gpi integration with ERPs and TMS
- Process standardisation
- How corporates can join
- How to exploit the SWIFT gpi opportunity
- Development required
- New services in coming.
The overall impact of SWIFT gpi.
- Key timing points
- 0:37 1 - SWIFT GPI MOMENTUM
- 1:39 DB gpi default approach
- 5:08 Does this mean payments are now faster?
- 6:24 2 - THE EVOLUTION SO FAR
- 9:49 SWIFT gpi multi-bank service enabling ERP/TMSD integration
- 11:42 Process standardisation
- 12:54 Adding new corporates
- 13:47 HOW TO EXPLOIT THE OPPORTUNITY
- 17:20 GPI timelines
- 17:43 New services being considered
- 19:59 What internal development needed
- 21:21 OVERALL IMPACT OF SWIFT gpi
International payments efficiency: SWIFT GPI initiative aims are huge & ambitious
SWIFT launches proof of concept to determine if distributed ledger technology could help banks reconcile their nostro databases in real time
The future of cross-border payments - SWIFT GPI initiative: dream or reality?
SWIFT GPI videos show what they have in mind
Pilot to develop multi-bank payment tracking on SWIFT gpi
22 corporates and banks to test real-time payments tracking from their TMS and ERP corporate treasury applications