Bas Rebel, Senior Director, PwC Corporate Treasury Solutions, Canada
In this WEBchat, Bas Rebel, senior director at PwC Corporate Treasury Solutions, Canada, describes the key findings from their 2019 Treasury Benchmarks survey of 230 corporate treasury and finance execs, on the tasks and roadblocks in really exploiting the opportunities in developing a fully optimised technology eco-system for the corporate treasury department, and the impact this has on the typical day in the corporate treasury department.
WEBchat sections are:
- What areas of Treasury are most relevant for each technology
- What are the roadblocks to implement these technologies?
- A day in the life of a Treasury professional in a digital world.
- Key timing points
- 2:04 What areas of Treasury are most relevant for each technology
- 4:33 What are the roadblocks to implement these technologies?
- 7:40 A day in the life of a Treasury professional in a digital world
- 10:54 Closing remarks
CTMfile take: In this WEBchat Rebel examines what can be achieved on digitizing the whole corporate treasury technology eco-system and the impact of four important technologies.
Huge operational challenges in 2019 as technology impact grows
Survey shows that blockchain could offer major benefit for payments; cybersecurity major problem but 48% don’t offer inhouse training
Surviving regulatory compliance with technology & support
Dealing with onerous burdens of regulatory compliance requires powerful technology & support + key examples from GTreasury
Blockchain technology is thriving
Block chain / Distributed Ledger Technology is being used all over: high value payments; prevention of counterfeiting; smart contracts;