Jack and Graham were joined by Geri Westphal, one of Founding Partners at LeanUp a corporate treasury networking company in the US who has 20 years+ experience in corporate treasury, and Paul Stheeman, independent treasury consultant in Europe, who discussed:
- PwC’s Treasury Benchmark report which we reviewed:
- the essence of corporate treasury and how it takes two to tango
- no sustainable future without embracing the digital agenda
- corporate treasury is a partnership between man and machine
- How to measure treasury success as suggested by Bruce Lynn and how should corporate treasury department be remunerated
- Swift gpi :
- goes live and what now needs to be done
- cross-border payments integration with FAST system in Singapore
- Trade wars impact and what role does corporate treasury have?
- How CFOs in USA and in Australia are reacting to current pressures
- Are banks now at risk again? Which gave us all the shivers.
Enjoy this stimulating and thought-provoking PODcast. No apologies for the length, the discussion from 30:37 will give you the shivers too.
- Key timing points
- 1:30 What does corporate treasury do?
- 8:33 Workforce of future
- 12.50 How measure corporate treasury success and remunerate
- 18:59 Swift gpi
- 26:31 Surviving trade wars
- 30:37 New financial crisis coming?
Shadow banking ‘increasing systemic risk’
Progress made since the financial crisis in improving banks’ credit profiles could be undermined by its growth, warns Fitch Ratings.
Corporate treasury is a partnership between man and machine
PwC 2019 Global Treasury Benchmarking Survey reveals treasurer’s agenda and the unchanged fundamental question
Corporate treasury department staffing crisis is coming
Automation & sophistication are driving corporate treasury departments to dangerous point as downsize; scope NOT size is the key factor