The biggest problem with working capital programmes is sustaining standards and results in the long term. Only 10 of the world top 3,000 companies have achieved high level sustained WCM results throughout the last decade.
This WEBchat with Brian Shanahan, CEO and Founder of Informita, first examines what should be the objective of Working Capital Management programmes before discussing:
- Major obstacles today:
- Lack of measurement (also see the WEBchat on the danger of benchmarks)
- Changes in personnel
- Events taking over from WCM programmes
- Creating a cash culture and sustaining it.
Finally it discusses why corporates need effective and sustained long term WCM programmes, even in today’s low interest environment.
- Key timing points
- 0:49 The problem in WCM programmes
- 1:34 What should be the objective of a WCM programme?
- 2:18 THE OBSTACLES
- 8:13 HOW TO CREATE A CASH CULTURE AND SUSTAIN IT
- 11:20 How to use incentives
- 11:50 The importance of having a WCM champion
- 13:04 Final conclusion
- 14:26 Why need WCM programmes today
Working Capital Manager extracts all detailed transaction data on Total WCM position
Informita and DiscoverEdge’s ERP plug-in creates a working capital dashboard of true position
Working Capital Benchmarks
Apples versus apples? Not really
Sustaining Working Capital Success
Why very few companies sustain the success of their working capital programmes