What does corporate treasury department really do?
by Jack Large
- Satisfies, supports and protects the CFO
- Provides liquidity where and how needed plus gets best risk-free returns on surpluses
- Opens up new business opportunities and markets
- Runs an effective and efficient corporate treasury department that doesn’t kill the CFO by not dropping the ball on:
- fraud and regulatory compliance
- Offering efficient and error-free service support for business units/departments across the group.
Like this item? Get our Weekly Update newsletter. Subscribe today
Treasury experts might agree with this description, for many this might be too abstract. A layman might wonder if these tasks are also covered by controllers, accountants, auditors and even business development managers.