In this WEBchat, Bas Rebel, senior director at PwC Corporate Treasury Solutions, Canada, describes the key findings from their 2019 Treasury Benchmarks survey of 230 corporate treasury and finance execs, on the skills and competencies for treasurer of the future and what are the key skills needed in new hires.
WEBchat sections are:
- Size and makeup of corporate treasury departments today
- What skills and competencies are important for the treasurer of the future?
- When hiring Treasury professionals, how important would you rate the following characteristics?
- Key timing points
- 1:32 1. Size and makeup of corporate treasury departments today
- 3:35 2. What skills and competencies are important for the treasurer of the future?
- 5:29 3. When hiring Treasury professionals, how important would you rate the following characteristics?
- 7:03 Closing remarks
CTMfile take: In this WEBchat Rebel reviews the makeup of corporate treasury departments today, the key skills needed today, and in the future how soft skills will become even more important.
‘Watershed moment’ to boost female careers in finance
Financial services must act now to support women in senior positions, with three key strategies for improving opportunities
How are corporate treasurers embracing fintech?
Simon Kleine, of East & Partners, discusses how corporate treasury is using non-bank financial technology for key treasury functions
Corporate treasury department staffing crisis is coming
Automation & sophistication are driving corporate treasury departments to dangerous point as downsize; scope NOT size is the key factor